WARCROFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Forum for World of Warcraft

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Supplies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 4:10 am

Considering many on both sides are getting up into the areas where enhancements to gear are required more than desired, it's my suggestion that we start obtaining Guild Supplies.

This would be "fund" of sorts that we set up to get people some of those higher end enchants that require primals and shards and things that are really hard to obtain and cost a ton on the AH or from random enchanters out there. We don't obtain enchants, per say, we just obtain the mats for them.

Way too many of our high levels are lacking in enchants and could really use them, but have no means to obtain them outside of paying outrageous prices. Maybe things like gems and armor kits too. Things that will go towards gear for raiding.

I'm not clear on how it should be handled in fairness so that everyone can get chanted/gemmed/kitted, but I think it would be a good idea. It's how many raid guilds handle it. They farm places, get gear to de, and stack the stuff up for use when it's required.

A new tab on Ally side is going to cost 1000 gold. Doesn't have to be a whole tab, or we could re-sort one of the existing ones. Dunno what EoH has going at this point since I'm not a member anymore, but I do have a guild I built for my own pleasure that I can stack the items into on a secondary tab. I could do the same with an alt (build a guild, get a tab), to stack the items into.

Suggestions, Ideas?
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Number of posts : 214

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 am

Kilshevex wrote:
Suggestions, Ideas?

Nope, whatever will be made to work for me.
Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 8:46 am

This is a fine idea for both sides.

We've done a fine job of amassing greens and a smattering of blues in both banks, but it is true that we do not hoard trade consumables very well.

Perhaps we can reorient that to focus a column or two towards uncut gems and enchant materials? If we clear up some of the junk stockpiled in each guild vault we could likely find room. That would be servicable until enough cash was amassed to purchase another tab.

On Horde I have Kiakee that can DE anything beneath 65. I'm working on a more serious enchanter that will eventually be maxed out, she's almost to where Kiakee is now. So that means I can handle enchant logistics on Horde.

Twelvespears is maxed on Jewelcrafting, thus he can cut and prospect many gems. A good buddy of mine has just about every rare cut in the game, so that's covered as well.

On Alliance I'm working up Aristeed's Enchanting, he's doing alright. I can handle those logistics as well, if no one else wishes.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 3:09 pm

I thought it was a better use of the gears than money. Money helps, but those enchants get us where we can make the cash ^.^ Alliance is hurting more than Horde. Everyone's on Horde for some reason *glares at Bolsh*

I had forgotten Ari could disenchant! That will be good. Jewelcrafter, Alliance side? Our bank has TONS of gems, just nothing cut! (I have more besides, though I do have a baby jewelcrafter I can work up in a rush if we need it!)

A couple of columns cleaned out would be good I guess...A block of 'em perhaps, just for that. Anyone have an objection?
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:22 pm

On Alliance, Fereye can help with the busting but will need an Officer there to pull mats and replace the results. Edit: He can bust anything that can be DE'ed.

None of my JCers are very big. Aquamarines were made too big a part of too many professions in the 250 - 350 range. Alliance prices are insane (5g apiece as opposed to Horde's 2g).
Back to top Go down
Charlayne
Scout
Scout

Number of posts : 7

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:58 pm

I am working on raising Darkredmoon up on the Alliance side. He's going to be the "utility character" for the guild. I have him spec-ed as a herbalist and miner so I can gather things for the bank that the blacksmiths and potion/alchemists can use. I also use him to put stuff in the bank for the rest of my alliance characters.

I have Catalae (again, on the Alliance) up to 300 skinning and almost to 200 on leatherworking. I'll keep going to get her skills up.

Hord-side I have mining/blacksmithing on Azzatha. I don't remember how high but I know I was working hard on getting it up there.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 pm

CrazyCelt wrote:
On Alliance, Fereye can help with the busting but will need an Officer there to pull mats and replace the results. Edit: He can bust anything that can be DE'ed.

None of my JCers are very big. Aquamarines were made too big a part of too many professions in the 250 - 350 range. Alliance prices are insane (5g apiece as opposed to Horde's 2g).

You could just mail the DE's to Fereye and mail them back to put back up... if you can't get someone on to do it with you.

If you're needing gems, let's see some requests on the requests forum:) I have some I can spare....many high level ones too.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Charlayne wrote:
I am working on raising Darkredmoon up on the Alliance side. He's going to be the "utility character" for the guild. I have him spec-ed as a herbalist and miner so I can gather things for the bank that the blacksmiths and potion/alchemists can use. I also use him to put stuff in the bank for the rest of my alliance characters.

I have Catalae (again, on the Alliance) up to 300 skinning and almost to 200 on leatherworking. I'll keep going to get her skills up.

Hord-side I have mining/blacksmithing on Azzatha. I don't remember how high but I know I was working hard on getting it up there.

Cool, we have some baby BSers between Kay and I, and I have that baby Alchy like I said.. The LW is gonna be great for you.

What I want to know is if you mean guild bank or personal bank when you say "put stuff up in the bank for your characters"?
Back to top Go down
Charlayne
Scout
Scout

Number of posts : 7

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Kilshevex wrote:
Cool, we have some baby BSers between Kay and I, and I have that baby Alchy like I said.. The LW is gonna be great for you.

What I want to know is if you mean guild bank or personal bank when you say "put stuff up in the bank for your characters"?

I mean guild bank. I can put the stuff he gets into the GB so that others can use it.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Charlayne wrote:

I mean guild bank. I can put the stuff he gets into the GB so that others can use it.

Okay, if it's for your alts, better to just mail it to your alts.

If you mean for anyone to have access to it, then feel free to drop it in the GB. Smile
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Kilshevex wrote:

You could just mail the DE's to Fereye and mail them back to put back up... if you can't get someone on to do it with you.

Reason for someone there is to make sure I don't DE stuff that is intended for leveling characters.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:30 pm

CrazyCelt wrote:
Kilshevex wrote:

Reason for someone there is to make sure I don't DE stuff that is intended for leveling characters.

I'm gonna assume if they haven't retrieved it for their character and mailed it to the character to store in their bank, it's a breakable at this rate Smile

I know I've slapped a ton in there in the last while, and as far as I'm concerned if you don't get it while it's hot, it's prettier sharded Wink
Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 am

Really what we need to think of is what kind of chants we'll be needing and stack the requirements for them. Agility, Strength, Spellpower, Healing, etc...

In my raid we amass huge amounts of Arcane Dust, Large Brilliant Shards, Large Prismatic Shards, Planar Essences, and Void Crystals. That covers most high-end chants, leaving it up to the requester to amass the occasional 2 to 8 Primal Whatevers.

I suspect that we'd need to focus more on mid-range chant mats since it'd be perfume on a pig to put Executioner on a green/blue. To that end, items level 45 and higher are useful for DE fodder. Below that threshold is rather pointless and could be vended/sharded/auctioned off to pad the guild vault in gold.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Okay, most of the breakage is done. All the stuff on the left side of the page can be vendored or AH'ed. The stuff on the right is stuff I am debating buying some of for my alts (that bow in particular and 1 of the necks for my Paladin). Not touching Armor Kits (too useful as fill ins until you can get an Enchant) and gems don't DE (I think).

Anyhoo, may have to do that on a weekly basis from now on. That was a lot of work. Drool Night all.

EDit: Under no circumstances do we vendor Dream Dust. Need that for Enchanting Thorium. (Among other things.)
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah, the Armor Kits, Gems and Enchant stuff will be what we keep around. Primals/Motes, etc we should occassionally slap in too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Supplies   Guild Supplies Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Supplies
Page 1 of 1