WARCROFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Forum for World of Warcraft

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noobesh feelins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkenson
Scout
Scout
Hawkenson

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Noobesh feelins Empty
PostSubject: Noobesh feelins   Noobesh feelins EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 7:34 am

Ok you and sil are leaders so you the hell is AZURITE. I really feel like I got left behind on this thing. Sad Also feeling a little Garth today

Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Noobesh feelins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobesh feelins   Noobesh feelins EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Awwww, don't go Queen on me, dood!

The move was a rather impromptu surprise from Silver. Upgrading the former board ended up being a severe disappointment so she came up with this one!

Better features, easier URL to remember, plus a coolio forum skin that she cooked up!

Azurite is the admin login used to transcribe all the posts from the old forum to this one. We didn't want to attribute all of those to either Bolshka or Kilshevex, now would we?
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Noobesh feelins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobesh feelins   Noobesh feelins EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Azurite is merely the "admin". He does all the technical stuff. All of his posts are things that were moved from the old board, and in the future will be things dealing with 'admin' stuff.

And like Bolsh said... I wanted to up our experience. The old board was ugly, clunky and I never much liked either InvisionFree or Zetaboards. Zeta was -better-, but -still- didn't do what I wanted.

After I had built LNR's forum board, I was really missing some of the great stuff we had there. Like the easy URL, the coloring features, etc,etc. This place had all that stuff. So I made new skins and icons and such, (the old one was a PAIN to skin)... and provided to move the good posts such as locations/suggestions/etc, over. A lot of the old macros, for example, were dead because of the patch changes, and they didn't need to be moved. I couldn't just move the information/accounts from that board to this one like we had when we "upgraded" to Zeta, because it was a service they provided server side in zips, and they didn't provide from one place to another. So Azurite had to do it, and you all had to make new accounts.

So I hopped the gorge, thinking it wasn't much of a sacrifice for all we'd be gaining. Now members can easily reach the board and features, and as admin, we can do more in the background than we were previously able. I can mail when the board is down, up or if there's an important message needing to be sent out..etc. All in all, more features is what it gets down to.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noobesh feelins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobesh feelins   Noobesh feelins Empty

Back to top Go down

Noobesh feelins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WARCROFT :: Miscellaneous :: General-
Jump to: