WARCROFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Forum for World of Warcraft

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rogue Q&A!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Rogue Q&A! Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Q&A!   Rogue Q&A! EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:40 pm

WOOT WOOT.....

Rogue QA

Also: My response on the forums, cuz this is how I feel:

Forever Subtle, Dagger/Sword, PVE rogue here. (I dual main rogues!)

I love you guys. Just.. love you. Thank you for admitting we have a problem. TOGETHER WE SHALL OVERCOME. *ahem* 12 steps. I'm on my like, 30th go-round.

I miss the days of being top DPS, mind you, but thank you for 'moving away' from making us selfish bastards. Give us a buff, and let us help, so it isn't like it was at 60 cap and people saying, 'Why take a rogue when we could take a 'insert-other-dps-capable-class-here'. (Outlands was great, and WotLK made it happen all over again...particularly in regards to DK.) Thank you for saying you'll look in to making us better at PVE. Thank you for stopping CONSTANTLY nerfing us because some PVP twit got a crit.....*cough*

I mean.. thank you for acknowledging Vanish was broken! Do look into Hemo, please. I swear the bane of my existence is 'It was doing too much in PVP'.

Thank you. Thank you. It's not all good news, naturally, but I am so glad to hear you've peeked at it enough. Just don't tell me, 'Well it's fine, or 'too much' in PVP." ANYMORE. =)

I was shocked to get an AoE, I never thought they'd ever let us have an AoE.

May we please have our fists back, be able to ambush/backstab with them? Please?

Oooo... I know... A Pet! Let us have a rogue buddy too! Wink

Just slapping things out here, but honestly, I feel some relief in the fact you just admitted openly we got problems and we're not 'working as intended' for PVE. I could just die now. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Redleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Redleaf

Number of posts : 47

Rogue Q&A! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Q&A!   Rogue Q&A! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 pm

confused

Are they sayin Combat rogues and dagger combo is not a good one ???

I seem to be doin alright but if another set of weapon combo would be better ??

Why I get confussed I guess
Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Rogue Q&A! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Q&A!   Rogue Q&A! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm

It's not so much that you CAN'T do well with your current weapons... but certain gearings have better best-in-slot items than others. Certain weapon types have speeds that are conducive to your rotation timing as well.

Full Assassination Rogues are required to use double-dagger to Mutilate. Subtlety Rogues must use a mainhand dagger for Ambush. Combat Rogues? Well, they can do whatever since their abilities don't focus on either of those attacks. Sword/Sword, Sword/Mace, Fist/Mace... even Axes, now... whatever works.

So if what you have is working, that's fine. If you find a better set of weapons that match to the recommendation? Pounce on it.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Number of posts : 210

Rogue Q&A! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Q&A!   Rogue Q&A! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 am

Dagger isn't really great for combat, no.. you can do WAY more carrying sword/sword or mace/mace, especially since Kay's human and gets that bonus.

You just have to focus on different things to do the damage. SS instead of backstab/ambush, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rogue Q&A! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Q&A!   Rogue Q&A! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rogue Q&A!
Page 1 of 1