WARCROFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Forum for World of Warcraft

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confused while fishing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Confused while fishing Empty
PostSubject: Confused while fishing   Confused while fishing EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Last night I was running the Fishing Daily that involves catching the Blackfin Darter in Terokkar. My chara is a 375 Fisher with the +20 pole and Sharpened Fish hooks and Rumsey's lager, i.e. 375+20+100+10=505 in Fishing and suddenly there was something in the water that I flat could NOT catch. 6 "Your fish got away"'s in a row.

Has a new fish been added or has anybody had this happen to them?

Terokkar is rated as a 450 zone meaning that at 450 skill nothing gets away. So for a 495 to 505 fisher to have 6 get aways in a row is a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Confused while fishing   Confused while fishing EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 am

Might have been a latency issue? I know a few avid fishers like yourself and no one has had that complaint (aside from being lagged out of a catch).
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Confused while fishing   Confused while fishing EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:47 pm

That was my own thought but with my Latency reading at 51ms...
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Confused while fishing   Confused while fishing EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 pm

I haven't had "your fish got away" as much as my line would simply drop. It might've said something too quickly for me to catch, but I have had it to where my line would just *bamf* and suddenly I wasn't fishing anymore. I assume it is lag, because it's usually what was occurring at the time. Almost too slow to catch my bobber, for example.

Though, it is also possible you "caught" an item, that is a 510. Because there is the Horde pole that gives +25, plus the lager. Test the area again with a +5 fishing set of gloves. I do know Kayceen has the ench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused while fishing   Confused while fishing Empty

Back to top Go down

Confused while fishing
Page 1 of 1