WARCROFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Forum for World of Warcraft

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Incoming Patch (finally)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Incoming Patch (finally) Empty
PostSubject: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Supposedly it's this week for us. Keep your fingers crossed!

In other news, here are some highlights from developer Q & A currently at Blizzcon…
Quote :
Spells started working indoors that never did. Can we have no dismounting in caves?
First content patch of WotLK will have ground mounts no longer dismount in water, they can swim!

Why is the pandaren the only Warcraft race missing from World of Warcraft?
China is an important playerbase and there are issues with pandas there.

WoW movie!
We're working hard on it. Can't say more.

Thanks for the achievement and titles. Any chance to extend championing to work with other reps?
We're looking at other outdated reputations that are really grindy to raise. For example fixing Ravenholdt rep.

Dual spec and spell power. As it becomes easier to be a hybrid, how do you plan to protect the 4 pure classes?
Valid questions we hear a lot. We're trying to buff up their utility and they can never do less dps because they can't respec, we always make sure of it.

So this means that you'll soon be able to drown your wolf/elek/horse/kodo/emu but we'll likely never see Pandarens. That's a big let-down for me, next to the Tauren they were my favorite in the original Warcraft series. Heartbroken

Interesting news, though. Can't wait to see how the patch changes things like tanking for Bolshka. Fun stuff on the horizon!
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:23 pm

Crash number 1.

Server down at AD and the one for my hideys is up but has the character retrieval bug up and running at full force.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Crash number 2.

AD is up but both it and my hidey are sucking full bore at the retrieval problem.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Crash number 3.

Finally got past the retrieving screen but now sticking at loading on AD. Sen'jin errors out and my last server isn't anywhere to be seen...

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:03 pm

All realms playable by 6 pm PDT... riiighgghhtt.

Loser
Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Yeah, 6PM which is 8PM our time (har har). We're getting stuck after character selection, hangs like the world server is busted.

It's a major patch, I anticipated this kinda bull. It's still exciting though. Can't wait for things to settle.

If you're dying to see it, Stormscale is up and running.

Last edited by Bolshka on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:14 pm

This is usually what goes on....The calender thing is HAWT. Achievements are nifty cool. It's prolly crashing due to those, and chars like mine that have been around forever to go through that. Very Happy

Look at it this way, it'll settle out and we'll have a real good time in the morning!
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:30 pm

No, I think we won't. Lots broken including Friends List (again). And mounts, gone from bags and no button to activate them.

News Note: If you already have 2 professions, it won't show a profession as trainable. You have to dump one before you can train inscriptions.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Also, Outland is sealed off. Hearthstones do not work to go back to Azeroth. Portal is dead. ANd Stair Of Destiny is blank, no NPCs at all including Flight Master.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 am

Updating: Pets and mounts are back in bags. Clicking them causes them to be learned and to appear in the new Pets tab on your character sheet. (BANK SPACE BACK!)

Inscriptions are fast and easy if you have the herbs. Like Prospecting, Milling destroys 5 of each herb to produce a pigment which you then make into an ink which you then make into your inscription.

BUG? - Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer still occurs but does not give a buff.
Back to top Go down
Bolshka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Bolshka

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 9:48 am

There's still some instability as of this morning but it's getting better. There was a merry-go-round of Kalimdoor, Lordaeron, then Outlands crashing all morning.

I'm content to sit back and chill until there is stability. Give it a day or two.

I did manage to get all my characters respeced and also got a haircut for 'em. This morning I hit 135 with Inscription, I ran out of time before I ran out of mats Very Happy

Also, the Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer isn't bugged, it just doesn't work past level 63. Been that way for over a year or so.

One more thing, for my dearest love:
Quote :
Q: Why are certain dungeons not showing up as completed achievements when I know I did them but others are?
A: World of Warcraft was not originally designed with the achievement system in mind. While we were able to use specific items in a player’s inventory or completed quests to track and award some dungeon achievements retroactively, this was not always possible. As a result, some dungeons must be completed again to get the achievement.

Not good news, but it echoes my assertion on why certain dungeons aren't showing up as completed. Doesn't explain her oddity with map exploration, but at least that's easily solved.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:01 am

So far, I'm experiencing more issues with missing achievements. (Hit "Y" to access them) For example: Kilshevex hasn't fully explored Elwynn Forest. Nevermind that was the very first place I ever went to and went to every place inside of. And never mind she died in Gnomergan horribly, she hasn't ever been there, it tells me. And I've never killed Archmage (Fruitcake) Arugal. Nevermind I farmed there, like, always, and it's my very favorite instance. Yeah, right, I knew that's what they'd try to say, 'You gotta do it again'Razz. Things of that nature, that I /know/ I've done on this particular girl. I reported it, we'll see. Some achievements don't 'register' until you access them, though those shouldn't. Like the pets, I found. That's okay. One way or the other, i hope to see some more points slide up my board.

The pets and mounts, if you right click on them, go into your pets menu. This can either be accessed by hitting "C" and clicking the 'pets' tab, or hitting "shift+P". It does seem to have an issue pressing 'shift+P' for pet on a Hunter, because it will go to your combat pet page, instead, but there are tabs above, it can be corrected that way.

Outlands server was crashing, I found if I went down to O.K. then everything was fine. (If packed.) Likely, if the mobs were completely gone, it was serious lag you were experiencing which is why 'nothing worked'. Also, though, going back to O.K., the boat people are back!

My friends list was fine, though of course, i was missing settings. That happens after patches like this though, so no surprise. All addons will need updating, if you have them.

And I have seen the professions situation before. It -used- to be that way, you had to dump first, then reaquire. I'm certain though that's not that much of an issue.

Gonna see what's going on up there today. Will update.
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:28 am

Oh yeah, Barber shops work perfectly, you just gotta click the chair! It scales by your level as to how much it costs, and you can do it repeatedly if you feel like. It's also an achievement. You can find the barber in a major city, through the guards. If you don't see 'barber', they don't have one. (Say, Darn and Silvermoon City for example)

So look for new looks on a lot of my girls and boys;)
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Parts of the Outland problems may have been on my end. I applied a patch from MS last night and got up to find that when my router is inline, I can NOT reach de interwebs.

At this moment Windows Defender is back on and only my modem is hooked up. It's a little faster this way too.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCelt
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
CrazyCelt

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Bolshka wrote:

Also, the Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer isn't bugged, it just doesn't work past level 63. Been that way for over a year or so.

Except this was a level 60 character that was getting it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kilshevex
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kilshevex

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 2:24 pm

I lost Outlands last night in a very interesting way. I hearthed back to Shatt, and there was NO ONE around. (No NPCs no Players) So.. I though, load lag...right? I waited, five minutes later, still no one. I ran around a bit, tried to flying mount and it said, 'you can't mount here', like I was still in the inn. Lag still.

So... I logged. Figure I needed to let it catch up, right? I relog...

And I'm in the middle of nothingness off the coast of Kalimdor.....And I'm stuck in the air. So I try to move, swim or something maybe, and I'm stuck moving. So I can't use the 'Auto Unstuck', and my hearth was already burnt from earlier...

...So....
Ari comes, gets a guy to help summon me to a summoning stone and it was fine after that. I hearthed back while talking to a GM (an hour and a half later) and it worked.

...That's fun huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incoming Patch (finally)   Incoming Patch (finally) Empty

Back to top Go down

Incoming Patch (finally)
Page 1 of 1